Saturday, April 3, 2010

-Facebook paedos target telly’s -


CHILD star Hollie Steel is being targeted by paedophiles using her Facebook page, her worried mum revealed last night.
Singer Hollie, 11, has been sent a series of sick messages by men since she appeared on ITV show Britain's Got Talent.
Mum Nina, 37, said: "We've had paedophiles on the internet write disgusting things. "Through Hollie's Facebook they write really disgusting messages to her. It's appalling - I don't know how they get away with it.
"I have replied saying, 'This is actually Hollie's mum and I'm going to report you.' I go mad at them. I did report one who was really bad."
A family friend who looks after internet security for Hollie's parents discovered a paedophile had been banned for sending sick messages - but kept getting back on to the site by using false names and had been accused of grooming young children.
Campaigners are calling for a "panic button" on Facebook after a string of cases where sex offenders befriended victims on social networking sites.
Nina added: "Because Hollie is only 11, I only ever let her look at the internet when I'm with her. "Her school supervises that too, so she never sees these messages. But if she wasn't supervised, Hollie would be horrified at them."
Hollie - who broke down in tears on stage under the pressure of the BGT semi-finals last year - lives with her mum, brother Joshua, 16, and dad Jason, 38, in a modest three-bedroom home in the North-West. Nina says hubby Jason was even more security conscious than she is. She told The Sun: "There's got to be someone with Hollie all the time. She's got to be safe.
"Since Hollie's been on the telly, we've had kids we've never seen before - who are much older than her - wanting her to play with them. We don't let her, I'm really protective.
"Hollie is never alone in the house without me, Jason or Joshua, but I don't think I'd want her on her own even if she was 16.
And if her career ever got bigger, I think we'd have to move."
After going on the BGT tour, Hollie made a Christmas single for an independent record label but failed to reach the charts.
Then three businessmen came forward to invest £200,000 in Hollie's career after an online appeal by Nina.
The family has now set up its own record label and Hollie has just released Edelweiss - a single of the song that she struggled to perform on BGT.
Her debut album is due for release on May 24.
Nina added: "I often ask if she's sure she wants to be a singer and every time she replies, 'Yes, I do'."


source : http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2919223/Hollie-Steel-is-being-targeted-by-paedophiles.html#ixzz0k2XMZuUR